About the Job
Due to continuing growth we are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Project Manager with a proven track record in construction or interior fit-out projects.
This role will be based within our marine division. Unlike land-based projects, marine is prepared and manufactured 4-6 months prior to attending the ship and site works are for short periods, between 7 – 21 days. For those who want to step away from the constant weekly travel, this opens a whole new experience of construction/ fit out with new dynamics and challenges.
The role will involve the effective management of resources to ensure that projects are completed on time, to the required specification and within budget.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Developing a project plan and ensuring the necessary resources are organised to meet the plan. Continually monitor progress and take all necessary steps to ensure the completion date is met.
- Developing a project budget and ensure the project is delivered within that budget.
- Monitor and provide regular reports on the financial performance of the project to the Senior Management Team.
- Ensure that all work is carried out to the client’s specifications and ensure that all those engaged on site have up-to-date information and adhere to the project plan
- Ensure that the project resources i.e. staff, labour, plant, materials and sub-contractors are effectively managed
- Liaise with clients and their agents to advise on progress and problem resolution as required
- Ensure the Company Operations and Safety Management Procedures are implemented on the project
- Ensure contractual conditions are adhered to and the contractual position is not compromised
In addition to construction and/or fit-out experience applicants should possess a third level construction related qualification and must have excellent leadership, planning and communication skills with the ability to keep calm under pressure, make decisions and solve problems.
Great attention to detail, commercial acumen and cost control are essential as is the drive to go the extra mile and make a difference.
This role is predominately office based in Antrim, although there will be travel relating to the project to ensure it is successfully delivered.