When, in this policy, we refer to Haughey Recruitment we mean Haughey Recruitment Limited whose registered address is at 15 George’s Street, Dungannon, N. Ireland, BT70 1BT. Haughey Recruitment is the data controller in respect of your personal information and is responsible for ensuring that the personal data we collect is processed in accordance with relevant data protection laws.
Haughey Recruitment may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this Website from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. If we propose a significant change we will notify you by email and will otherwise post an alert that our policy has changed on our Website.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We will collect and process the following information (“Personal Information”) about you:
Information you give us. When you contact us via the “Email Us”, “Register your Interest” and “Apply” links on the Website or contact us by telephone, text or email us we will collect personal data from you, as more particularly set out below in the section entitled “What kind of personal data to we collect from you”.
Information we collect about you. Personal Information will also be obtained automatically by your internet browser including (without limitation) technical information such as your IP address and information about your visit to the Website such as page response times, download errors and length of visits to certain pages. For more information about the cookies we use on this Website, please visit our Cookies policy.
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
You can have a look through the Website without giving us any of your Personal Information (other than as described above under “Information we collect about you”). We will make sure that we only collect the minimum information we need from you at each stage of this process. If you or any third party (e.g. a prospective employer) provides us with information that is irrelevant or excessive, we will dispose of it securely and will not keep a copy.
If you decide to apply for a position through the Website or having spoken with our recruitment advisors, we will need to collect and process Personal Information, including:
- name, address, postcode and e-mail address;
- contact telephone numbers and date of birth;
- your application/CV, including details of your skills (education, professional qualifications and training), employment history and referees, previous salary, start date;
- Criminal record declaration;
- Bank detail, P45/P46; National Insurance Number; (temporary roles)
- Medical Questionnaire;
- whether you are eligible to work in the UK and hold a full driving licence; and
- how you heard about us.
Some of this Personal Information is essential to enable us to provide recruitment services to you. If you do not provide it we will not be able to consider your application or put you forward for any vacancies.
HOW WILL WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU?
Personal Information you provide to us will be used to:
- process your application including sharing it with prospective employers so that they can consider you for any role you are interested in;
- fulfil our legal obligations including to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us to provide you with information and services you request from us;
- match your cv to suitable positions and pass your Personal Information to prospective employers;
- provide general information (which does not identify individuals) and statistics to help us develop our Website, services and recruitment processes;
- enable you to access and use our Website;
- send you invitations to various events and initiatives including training, information and promotional events; and
- carry out equal opportunities monitoring.
What legal basis do we rely on to process your information ?
Data protection law sets out a number of conditions which organisations can rely on in order to lawfully handle personal information. The conditions we rely on are as follows: –
The law permits us to handle your personal information where necessary in our legitimate interests provided that this isn’t outweighed by your interests. Many of the purposes we handle your Personal Information, described above, fall into this category as they are essential activities which enable us to run our business efficiently and effectively for example, enabling us to use third party service providers and to monitor, review and improve the services we provide to you and your experience when you visit our Website. We may, if necessary, also use your information to defend our legal rights or to obtain legal advice and to manage any complaint that you might have. We ensure that your rights and interests are protected when we do this.
We are permitted to use your Personal Information when you give us your consent for us to do so. We will only use your Personal Information to contact you for direct marketing purposes e.g. to let you know about news and events if you give us your consent to do so.
Performance of a contract
Where you ask us to provide services to you we will use your Personal Information so that we can provide the services. If you ask us to keep you informed about positions that you may be eligible for, this will form part of the services we agree to provide you with and we will use your Personal Information to do so.
Required by law
We will, if required by law, disclose your personal information for example in response to a court order. We will disclose your Personal Information if requested by a law enforcement agency or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, non-compliance with of our terms and conditions, or as otherwise permitted or required by law and consistent with legal requirements.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We will not pass your Personal Information to anyone, except to:-
- carefully selected service providers (e.g. professional advisers, finance providers and IT service providers etc), who provide services to us. Such third parties are only permitted to use your Personal Information to the extent necessary to provide the services to us;
- Prospective employers who we think have vacancies which you may be eligible for. Please note that any prospective employer will be a data controller in their own right and as such, will be responsible for ensuring that they only use your personal information in accordance with data protection laws.;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or where we are required to forward the information in order to comply with a regulatory or legal process; Where required by law, we will share your personal information with the police and other law enforcement agencies.
We will always limit the Personal Information we share to that which is necessary to enable them to perform their services or fulfil the intended purpose. We will also always ensure that before we share your Personal Information with a service provider, we have entered into a contract with the service provider which requires them to keep your information secure and only use it for the purposes we permit them to. We will never sell or share your Personal Information with third parties for the purposes of marketing without seeking prior consent.
HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR
We will keep your Personal Information for as long as we need it to provide the services you request from us. We may also keep it to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve complaints and to enforce our rights. As a result, the length of time that we keep your Personal Information for will vary depending on the purposes for which we have it. In any event, we will review what information we need on an ongoing basis and will only retain it for the minimum amount of time that we need it for.
Where in the world will we hold your information?
Your data may occasionally be processed and held by third parties outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Whereas in the EU, we implement a high standard of data protection law, some parts of the world do not implement such stringent laws. As a result, if we do send Personal Information overseas we will make sure that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure it is protected in accordance with European data protection law. These might include: –
- Sending personal information only to countries that European Authorities have indicated have adequate data protection laws in place e.g. Canada or Switzerland;
- Putting in place contracts with the recipient containing terms which the European Authorities have approved as providing adequate protection; organisations which are members of a scheme which has been approved by European Authorities as achieving adequate protection e.g. Privacy Shield.
Links to other websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our Website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst viewing such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You have the right to request that we don’t send marketing material to you and you can do this at any time by telephone, application form on website or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will try to keep your Personal Information up to date but it is your responsibility to ensure that the Personal Information you provide is accurate and up to date. You can update the Personal Information we hold about you at anytime by contacting us at: 028 87 440033 or email@example.com
New data protection laws also mean that you have a number of additional rights including the right to access your Personal Information and to receive a copy of it. You can exercise this right by contacting us at: 028 87 440033 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also request to have your Personal Information erased or transferred either to you or a third party in a commonly structured format and to have your Personal Information restricted. Please be aware that these latter rights only apply in limited circumstances and therefore even if you wish to exercise them, we may not always be required to comply.
For further information about how these rights apply, or to exercise your rights, please contact us at 028 87 440033 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions about how Haughey Recruitment handle your Personal Information or are unhappy about how we have done so, you can contact us at 028 87 440033 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to raise any complaint you may have with the ICO. You can do this by contacting them: –
- By post: 15 Georges Street, Dungannon, Co. Tyrone BT70 1BT
- By phone:028 87 440033
- By email: email@example.com