About the Job
Our client based in County Monaghan, are currently recruiting for a Senior Food Technologist to join their team on a full time permanent basis.
Reporting to the Food Science and Ingredients Manager, the Senior Food Technologist will be responsible to successfully scale the current range of products and drive the development of the next range of products including sampling, process development and production trials.
- Responsible for developing world beating meat free products;
- Perform market research on products, companies, technologies and ingredients in the meat free space;
- Develop a pipeline of future meat free products ideas and recipes;
- Modify and improve existing recipes;
- Prototype development;
- Process development for production of recipes at large scale;
- Ensure full compliance with safety and food hygiene standards and policies;
- Conduct production test runs;
- Verification of ingredient lists, nutritional information and shelf life;
- Plan and run tasting panels;
- Engaging with suppliers to research and source ingredients and ensure effective management of same;
- Develop efficient use of nutritional formulation software;
- Assist in the performance of scientific analysis on ingredients and products;
- Input into the development of recipe and process based cost models.
Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant third level degree from the following subject areas:
food, nutrition and health food safety and quality management food science/technology new product development / food innovation
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- People management experience
- Strong working knowledge of ingredient functionality, flavour, formulation, nutrition and food labelling regulations
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
Competencies to perform the role
- Genuine interest in science and how it is applied to food;
- High standards of cleanliness and the ability to adhere to strict hygiene rules;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent communication, people and influencing skills;
- A flexible approach to working;
- Strong team working abilities;
- Ability to use Microsoft office suite.
Salary 35-45k Euros per annum.
Interested in this role, please forward an updated CV via the APPLY button.