About the Job
As part of their continued growth and expansion our busy Engineering client in the Dungannon area require a Production planner to join their team
The successful applicant will report directly to the Operations Manager. The appointee will be required to work as part of the Sales & Operations team, and to undertake production planning duties to achieve sales & gross profit targets in line with the company objectives and vision. The successful applicant must be able to predict and achieve accurate delivery dates by controlling the scheduling of products within the company and have a drive for results.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Scheduling / planning the production of all products through a multi-work centre production environment with finite capacity constraints.
- Work closely with sales to ensure the production floor is loaded to planned levels.
- Communicate the planned schedule to production and purchasing in good time to ensure proper allocation of resources.
- Continually strive to develop planning processes and increase use of advanced scheduling tools within the existing ERP system.
- Provide the central communication point for all enquiries on production progress and delivery timing.
- Supported by the sales administrator, oversee the processing of orders when received, including master scheduling and confirmation of order lead time to customer.
- Lead the detailed materials & resource planning process to generate weekly & daily production plans.
- Act as the voice of the customer regarding product delivery at daily production meetings, ensure all participants are aware of the production plan.
- Lead regular sales and operations planning meetings to ensure mid term visibility of load versus capacity and instigate actions to close any gaps.
- Maintain weekly output & despatch records & communicate to relevant staff
- Maintain estimate of the expected Sales for each month with the Sales Manager
- Monitor forecast accuracy of major customers and feedback to sales.
- Any other duties, within reason & capability, as agreed with management.
- Previous experience in a production planning / scheduling role
- Experience of working in a high volume role with a meticulous eye for detail.
- Experience in a customer facing role with proven ability to proactively deal with and resolve any customer queries
- Experienced in both master scheduling and detailed production planning in a multi work centre environment.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office and previous MRP/ERP experience.
- Excellent planning & organisational skills
- Strong numeracy & literacy skills
- Clear and confident communicator with a good standard of both written and verbal English.
- Third level education
- Previous experience with advanced scheduling tools
- Previous experience in the engineering sector
- Good time management, interpersonal skills and an ability to work as part of a team to achieve company objectives
Hours of Work: Monday – Thursday: 08:00 – 17:00, Friday: 08:00 – 14:00
In return the successful candidate will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible holidays
- Perk box reward scheme enrolment
- Long service reward
- Free on-site parking
- Learning & development opportunities
- Career progression opportunities
If interested in this role apply below or contact Eunice in Haughey Recruitment to discuss further on 02887 440033
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year