About the Job
Our busy client in the Dungannon area requires a Technical Support Engineer to join their team. This person will be reporting to the Engineering Manager and will be required to have a good knowledge of hydraulics and electrics to assist them in supporting their customers and service engineers with technical queries and problem resolution in the breakdown of material handling and recycling equipment.
- Support the customer to ensure high expectations are maintained and achieved.
- Supporting the Sales Team through preliminary technical specifications, site visits and technical advice on products/process.
- Supporting Sales, Installation, Customer Improvement Initiatives and other valued projects.
- Resolve quality issues and manage solutions whilst ensuring current projects are completed.
- Liaison with company management, customers, suppliers and other key stakeholders to ensure all projects achieve success.
- Report and record customer issues and implement solutions.
- Provide technical consultations and customer support via phone, email, internet or onsite visits as required.
- Talk customers through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until technical issues are resolved.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Prioritize and manage all open issue and ensure that they are closed out effectively in a timely manner.
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals.
- Work with teams and the supply chain to support quick resolution, getting to the root cause of issues and putting into place corrective actions
- Co-ordinate with other departments relative to role.
- Follow all company processes.
- Contribute in the company’s continuous improvement initiatives
- Good standard of education (to include English and Maths at GCSE Grade C or equivalent).
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
- Awareness of relevant safety standards.
- 2 years Technical Support experience to include: hydraulics, electrics, diesel engines, generators and mechanics.
- Experience working in a quarry and recycling environment
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to express instructions clearly and briefly in simple terms.
- Well developed analytical, innovative and problem solving abilities.
- Accuracy and a methodical approach to work, with attention to detail abilities
- Be solution focused, with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office ie Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Available to work flexible hours.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Current driving licence.
- Educated to degree in an Engineering discipline.
- CEng membership or working towards
- Health & Safety qualification