About the Job
Our client, a specialised provider of bespoke design solutions for the commercial vehicle industry, have an immediate requirement for a Production/Design Engineer to join their team on a Full-Time, Permanent basis.
Working alongside another experienced Design Engineer, you will be responsible for dealing with the client throughout the full process, managing their expectations and providing a bespoke solution to satisfy their requirements.
You will also be responsible for:
- Working first hand with customers to develop bespoke solutions to meet their needs
- Designing and developing drawings and 3D models from concept stage through production process
- Ensuring all designs adhere to VCA standards
- Liaising with engineering partners to find bespoke solutions
- Creating and managing BOMs, PDMs etc.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- 3rd level qualification in an engineering related discipline
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Good communication skills
- Strong organisation and project management skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Team player who is creative, open-minded, methodical and passionate about their role
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in using Solidworks
- Knowledge of VCA standards