About the Job
Our busy Manufacturing client in the Dungannon area require a Production Manager to join their team. Reporting to the General Manager you will control direct manufacturing activities within the production ensuring high standards are achieved and customer requirements are met.
REMIT: From receipt of customer PO to dispatch of goods and aftersales support
DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan manufacturing & dispatch to ensure production is progresses in advance, building in a contingency for unexpected issues, in order to meet customer requirements.
- Work alongside the Customer Account Manager to schedule customer orders in accordance with production capacity, overseeing essential lines of communication so that all departments are aware of the requirements and timescales of projects.
- Chair regular production team meetings, ensuring that the production and purchasing teams are fully aware and equipped for impending production, addressing any queries that arise.
- Resolve arising operational issues and keep the General Manager informed of solutions implemented.
- Advise Senior Managers of resource requirements: production capacity, raw materials that cannot be sourced and additional manpower needs, whilst building capability to optimise production
- Promote high standards for quality, environmental and health & safety management with a culture of zero quality defects and zero LTA’s and zero environmental incidents.
- Ensure quality issues are resolved in conjunction with the quality team, working alongside the quality team to champion quality initiatives
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to, working with the HSE team to implement improvements and action audit findings.
- Work with the production team to plan and execute continuous improvement activities
- Appraise the teams’ performance and provide support for them to meet agreed targets and objectives.
- Take responsibility for leading and completing service improvement projects, demonstrating and maintaining gains achieved.
- Support the General Manager in championing new ways of working and in adopting new production technology.
- Active involvement in the redevelopment of the current facilities to increase production throughput.
- Proactive involvement in developing and enforcing company policies, procedures and standards.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed with the Senior Managers.
- Minimum of 2 years previous production supervisory experience within a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of engineering production machinery and techniques
- A working understanding of continuous improvement techniques.
- Familiar with the use & understanding of engineering drawings
- A minimum 2:2 Hons Degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Manufacturing Management experience within steel fabrication, surface coating and assembly
Skills, Knowledge & Competencies