About the Job
Our client, a leading engineering and specialist Construction Services provider based in Co Antrim, are looking for an experienced Payroll Officer to join their team.
- Working within the accounts department
- Responsible for processing weekly payroll for 250 employees and subcontractors using Sage payroll.
- To ensure knowledge regarding payroll legislation is kept up-to-date, e.g. rates of SSP, SMP, SPP etc.
- Maintain and update payroll records.
- Ensure Time & Attendance extracts are imported to Payroll System.
- Ensure accurate payslips are produced and distributed on a timely basis.
- Read and interpret collective agreements for different countries.
- Ensure monthly payroll related payments e.g. HMRC, Pension, Trade Union, Childcare Vouchers are prepared and processed accurately and on time;
- Keep up to date with any payroll legislation changes.
- Liaise with HR re staff appointments, terminations, remuneration, condition of service and other relevant matters.
- Communicate and liaise with Managers/Team Leaders on wages and other related queries on an on-going basis.
- To perform ad hoc duties when required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Numerical ability and data entry skills.
- Innovative and creative approach
- Work professionally as part of a team
- Receptive to change
- 2 years experience in a payroll environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of PAYNE, NI, Pension schemes and all statutory elements such as SMP, SSP etc.
- Have strong knowledge on all payroll procedures
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office especially Excel