About the Job
Our client, have an immediate requirement for an Operations Lead who will be responsible for the smooth operation and development of current and future production and supply chain activities. They will report to CEO and form part of Management Team.
Initially focusing on the operation of powder production facility, this role will seek to optimise the running, quality control and economics of the facility. Given the food ingredients focus the operation of this facility to the highest standards of quality and health and safety will be a critical element of success.
A critical element in this role is building and formalizing relationships and support structures to optimise the planning, implementation and operations of current and future operations.
The Operations and Supply Chain lead will then be responsible for:
- Stage 1: Scaling of the powder ingredients facility;
- Stage 2: Managing the outsourced relationship for the third part production of meat free
- Stage 3: Establishing and managing the in house production of a range of meat free products.
This opportunity will provide the relevant candidate with the opportunity to materially drive the success of a high potential new business unit within the broader security of the Company.
- Build, manage and develop a team of 4 who currently are bringing the powder facility into operation.
- Develop a clear ‘Operations and Supply Chain’ strategy to support the scaling approach noted above – Stage 1,2,3. Translation of this scaling approach will be pivotal to the achievement of our aggressive growth targets and ultimately its business plan.
- Full responsibility for Operations and Capital budgets;
- Achievement of target cost of production to support profitable product supply;
- Stage 1: Bring the Ingredients Facility into full production and optimise its development to support forecast demand. In parallel implement an operation and supply chain capability which provides full control over the end to end process from the point of customer order to delivery
- Stage 2: Develop and manage all relevant outsource service relationships to service our current and future product ranges including the development of a Meat Free product range;
- Stage 3: Integrate future product ranges into our operations footprint;
- Set monitor and achieve a range of operational and quality KPI’s that provides a transparent view on the effectiveness of operational performance and progress in the achievement of set objectives.
- Implement a continuous improvement culture;
- Secure and maintain all regulatory and compliance standards to support the production of our products to the highest standard of quality;
This is not an exhaustive list and is subject to change and amendment.
Competencies to perform the role
- Excellent communication, people and influencing skills;
- Experience in the operations of food ingredients and / or meat free food production;
- Strong supplier management skills;
- Adaptability to bridge the entrepreneurial nature of our business development with the broader support structures of the Company
- A highly ambitious individual committed to team work and delivery of results.
Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant third level degree in Engineering.
- Preference given to relevant food industry experience with a focus on European / global supply;
- Technical background in ingredients, food production, meat or meat free;
- Strong operational experience involving establishment, running and optimization of food / ingredient production facilities including the integration of new product launches into same.
- 2+ yrs + experience in an Operations Lead role