About the Job
Our busy engineering client in the Dungannon area require a Junior Quality Engineer to join their team. Reporting to the Quality Manager your job will be to implement, maintain and monitor the company’s IMS Policy and quality procedures in accordance with ISO 9001:2015, to ensure customer product satisfaction.
Responsible for verifying product conformity using measuring equipment and visual inspection techniques to ensure all requirements are achieved. This involves reading and interpreting technical drawings, measuring product, compiling inspection check sheets and completing accurate records.
The post is a 70/30 split between production floor and office.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work under the direction of the Quality Engineer, completing assigned tasks according to priority, to ensure the company’s Integrated Management System(IMS) is maintained to a high standard.
- Read production drawings and specifications and compare them with finished product.
- Carry out mechanical and visual inspection activities including in-process production, eye overview, incoming material and final inspection checks.
- Report any defects found to the Production team and Quality Engineer without delay.
- Maintain quality records and take ownership of the internal quality NC register.
- Review and record each instance of a non-conformity, implement a correction and follow it through.
- Review current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and develop any further procedures required.
- Undertake internal audits according to the IMS audit schedule and in preparation for external audits.
- Prepare and deliver training sessions: Induction, Tool Box Talks & Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with relevant supervisors and operatives.
- Provide daily/weekly/monthly reports to the Quality Engineer and Senior Management.
- Attend and participate in quality meetings and participate in improvement projects.
- Undertake general administrative tasks such as formatting of documents, collection & filing of check sheets, etc.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed with the Quality Engineer and Senior Managers.
- 1 years’ experience as a Junior Quality Engineer (may accept 6+months dependant on past experience).
- Experience working in an engineering manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team with good communication skills.
- A working knowledge of ISO 9001, handling non-conformances/ defects from initial response to immediate correction.
- Proven experience of inspection and knowledge of welded assemblies.
- Qualification in a Mechanical /Manufacturing engineering discipline.
- Basic 2DAutoCAD experience (in- house training can be given).
- Proven inspection experience: spray-painting, Plasma cutting, Press brakes, Grit blasting and final assembly processes.
Skills & Competencies:
- Able to comprehensively read and understand detailed technical engineering drawings and specifications.
- Able to measure accurately with relevant measuring equipment (training will be provided in specific process equipment).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Understanding of product traceability throughout the manufacturing processes.
- Able to check and record information accurately and communicate to the relevant personnel.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team. Must be self-motivated with a desire to learn.