About the Job
Our busy Manufacturing client in the Dungannon area require an experienced HR Officer to join their team. This person will operate and further develop efficient and effective transactional Human Resources (HR) activities and implement policies & procedures to successfully achieve the company’s business targets and meet legislative requirements.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain necessary employee records, in accordance with legislative requirements, to improve efficiency and communication across the business functions.
- Resolve day-to-day employee queries and provide appropriate information.
- Maintain absence management records and monitor compliance with absence & timekeeping procedure.
- Identify training needs, plan and source training to encourage employee development, assist in delivering training, including inductions for new staff and maintain training records.
- Be actively involved in recruitment process by preparing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing advertisements, posting ads etc. to achieve appointment of the right person for the job.
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues according to company policy.
- Review existing HR policies & procedures in line with business requirements and develop of any necessary new policies and procedures.
- Work closely with line managers/supervisors, assisting them to understand and implement policies and procedures and relevant employment legislative changes.
- Work with the HR Manager to develop HR strategies, to consider immediate and long-term employee requirements in terms of numbers and skill levels.
- Organise yearly performance reviews and support managers/supervisors in maintaining records and reviewing agreed development goals.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives to facilitate effective communication with employees, to improve motivation levels and to attract & retain employees.
- Participate in salary/pay reviews based on employee performance.
- Work with the managers & supervisors to progress continuous improvement projects across all business areas, particularly the HR projects, to achieve agreed business targets.
- Keep HR Manager informed of ongoing matters, provide updates and reports for Senior Management and advise on how employment law can be met to ensure company compliance.
- To promote equality and diversity as part of the company’s culture and help ensure the HR function adds value to the company.
- Facilitate effective consultation processes with employees to gain ownership and improve accountability.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed with the HR Manager/Senior Managers
- 2+ years recent experience in a HR role
- CIPD Level 5 Certificate in HR Management
- Strong working knowledge of HR legislation
- Excellent communication & organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver HR solutions in partnership across a broad range of functions
- Persuasive, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Confidentiality is paramount and showing
- sensitivity when required.
- Proficient in use of MS Office applications
- CIPD Level 7 Diploma
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of employee resolution strategies and on how to best represent the company at tribunals.