About the Job
Our busy Manufacturing Client in the Dungannon area require a Health & Safety Officer for a 1 year Maternity Contract.
You role will be to further develop, audit and improve the Health & Safety and Environmental sections of the company’s Integrated Management System policy & procedures and hence ensure they are compliant with legislative requirements
- Develop and implement the Health & Safety policy and management arrangements to ensure all working practices are safe.
- Undertake risk assessments and reviews, including COSHH, Environmental impact and Manual Handling and develop subsequent safe systems of work.
- Manage a comprehensive training matrix for all employees to ensure identified training needs are met, from induction to fundamental safe working practices to developmental learning.
- Develop and maintain the company’s ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 standards, ensuring compliance with the standards and with relevant legislation.
- Complete regular site inspections and audits to monitor compliance with HSE requirements and draw up corrective action plans with area supervisors to address identified non-compliances.
- Organise necessary external inspections
- Investigate all accidents, near misses and complaints of ill health and complete future preventative actions.
- Implement & develop the sub-contractors’ policy and procedures.
- Maintain all necessary records for effective HSE management and complete all aspects of HSE administration.
- Respond to employee safety and environmental concerns and implement systems for improvements.
- Assess new materials to ensure they comply with necessary HSE requirements and ensure all new equipment/ plant is installed correctly and maintenance records are retained.
- Monitor and enforce company policies e.g. fire safety, drugs & alcohol, quality, environmental
- NEBOSH Certificate and
- 2+ years equivalent experience in a Health & Safety role
- Good working knowledge of HSE legislation
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Strong negotiating, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in use of MS Office applications
Salary range – £23000 – £28000
Hours of work – 8am – 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8am – 2pm on a Friday