About the Job
Our Manufacturing Client in the Tyrone area require a Health & Safety Officer to join their Team. Reporting to the Senior Manager your role will be to further develop, audit and improve the Health & Safety and Environmental sections of the company’s Integrated Management System policy & procedures and hence ensure the company is compliant with legislative requirements.
- Continually develop and implement the Health & Safety policy and management arrangements to ensure all working practices are safe.
- Undertake risk assessments and reviews, including COSHH, Environmental impact and Manual Handling and develop subsequent safe systems of work.
- Manage a comprehensive training matrix for all employees to ensure identified training needs are met, from induction to fundamental safe working practices to developmental learning.
- Develop and maintain the company’s ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 standards, ensuring compliance with the standards and with relevant legislation.
- Complete regular site inspections and audits to monitor compliance with HSE requirements and draw up corrective action plans with area supervisors to address identified non-compliances.
- Organise necessary external inspections e.g. plant insurance policy statutory inspections and surveillance/renewal audits for international standards.
- Investigate all accidents, near misses and complaints of ill health and complete future preventative actions.
- Implement & develop the sub-contractors’ policy and procedures.
- Maintain all necessary records for effective HSE management and complete all aspects of HSE administration.
- Respond to employee safety and environmental concerns and implement systems for improvements. Consult with employees on health, safety & environmental matters with required forums.
- Assess new materials to ensure they comply with necessary HSE requirements and ensure all new equipment/ plant is installed correctly and maintenance records are retained.
- Monitor and enforce company policies e.g. fire safety, drugs & alcohol, quality, environmental
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of HSE regulations and guidance.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed with the IMS Team and as directed by the Senior Managers.
- NEBOSH Certificate
- 2+ years equivalent experience in a Health & Safety role
- Good working knowledge of HSE legislation, Knowledge of ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 standards
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Proficient in use of MS Office applications
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility
- Willingness to contribute to company improvement projects and business plans