About the Job
Due to continuing growth, our client have a requirement for a Fabrication Manager. The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for all operations within our multi-metal fabrication department and will manage the relationship with our subcontractors and suppliers. The main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure goods are produced to meet requirements in terms of H&S, quality, programme and cost.
- Ensure that a high standard of safety and housekeeping is maintained and that all relevant environmental and health & safety regulations and procedures are adhered to.
- Interpret workshop/design drawings and job sheets, complete production schedules and allocate works making best use of inhouse facilities and external cutting and machining services to ensure completion dates are met.
- Manage reporting employees and monitor performance. Ensure personnel are adequately trained and understand targets and that they are working to consistent standards, meeting delivery dates and quality requirements
- Effective liaison with Design, the Project Team. suppliers and subcontractors to ensure that potential problems are resolved efficiently and the manufacture process is not impeded.
- Provide evaluation, reports and commentary of progress to the Senior Management Team as requested.
- Determine and monitor the overall resource capacity (personnel, material and equipment) for the Metal Fabrication Department and set priorities to maintain production expectations and costs.
- Develop long term & short term plans for improving quality, increasing production capacity & decreasing costs.
- Provide necessary technical assistance in tendering for jobs.
- Assist Senior Management to maintain harmonious employee relations, motivate employees, implement improvement strategies and reinforce Company practices and processes
Candidates should have:
- Extensive management of general metalwork, fabrication and welding of mild steel, aluminium, brass and stainless steel.
- Experience of machinery used for general fabrication
- Management experience in a production environment.
- A strong approach to quality and health & safety and ensuring that standards and procedures are adhered to.
- The ability to interpret and read workshop/design drawings and direct the design of the relevant components for cutting and folding in line with best practise manufacture.
- Sound commercial acumen and cost awareness with the ability to add value and optimise profits.
- The ability to plan ahead, organise workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to motivate others
- Results oriented with the ability to drive change and continuous improvement.
- The ability to build a positive culture which promotes cooperation, accountability, openness, challenge and continual improvement.