About the Job
Due to internal promotions within the company, my client, a specialised electrical manufacturing client are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineering Supervisor to join their team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the role has responsibility for a team of around 12 Technicians, assembling, wiring, building and testing Electrical Switchgear and Motor Control Systems
The ideal candidate will have a background in electrical manufacturing/ production, have a fundamental understanding of electrical engineering principles, have the ability to demonstrate managerial/supervisory experience and be computer literate.
- Day to day line management of Electricians, Fitters and Apprentices
- Organise and monitor daily workload to ensure r lead times are within agreed KPI’s.
- Monitor, report and direct activities towards improving Departmental costs,
- Procurement and maintaining of inventory within budget requirements.
- Ensure Health and Safety regulations are implemented and followed.
- Regular communication to senior management
- Active participation in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Quality Control of the Switchgear and MCCs
- Detailed knowledge of Steelwork Systems such as Cubic/Logstrup
- Manufacturing Switchgear to exacting standards
The successful candidate will have:
- HND/HNC Electronic Engineering or time served in a workshop environment
- Strong organisational and leadership skills to plan, prioritise and motivate individuals/team to meet departmental objectives.
- Strong IT knowledge.
- Continuous improvement experience is desirable.
- Experience in the interpretation and implementation of quality standards such as ISO9001.
- IOSH managing safety or equivalent experience.
- Eye for detail
- Can Do Attitude
Hours of work
Mon – Thurs 7.30-5PM
Friday 7.30 – 2PM
Overtime Rates apply
Pension, Health Scheme and KPI Bonus Scheme