About the Job
Our client, a hugely successful distribution client with sites in Co Tyrone and Co Londonderry, have an immediate requirement for an experienced Company Accountant / Financial Controller to join their team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Director, the main responsibility for this role will involve full management of the Finance function, as well as operational and strategic planning and forecasting.
- Annual statutory accounts preparation and management of annual audits
- Prepare and present monthly management accounts
- Submitting quarterly VAT returns
- Carrying out bank reconciliations
- Maintaining & updating fixed asset records
- Processing weekly income returns from sites
- Managing nominal ledger journals
- Producing budgets and forecasts
- Negotiation and administration of company insurance policies
- Managing cash flow and bank balances
- Managing & administering the company pension scheme
- Planning & managing the upcoming pensions auto-enrolment
- Dealing with Companies House and National Statistics returns
- Providing holiday cover for the Accounts Assistant, duties including payroll and purchase ledger administration
- Providing general financial advice to the Managing Director, Shareholders and Managers
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Minimum 5 years experience working within industry
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal organizational and communication skills.
- Possess the ability to work to strict deadlines
- Possess strong attention to detail.
A highly competitive salary package is on offer for the successful candidate along with private health insurance, standard holidays and pension.