About the Job
Our Client are an expanding M & E company wishing to recruit a highly skilled and motivated BIM Coordinator
1.) Appraise the company’s existing capabilities relating to the use of BIM technologies, their expertise in 3D modelling M&E installations and the use of 3D technologies to assist in the retro-fit out of existing buildings and recording of these installations.
2.) Develop and implement digital workflows & Common Data Environment (CDE) including head office, on-site setup and interactions.
3.) Identify three potential case studies for trialling the implementation of 3d design, 3d recording, the common data environment and IT Infrastructure, to support the use of 3d software and technologies, both on-site and in head office.
4.) Apply software, hardware to case studies.
5.) Examine and resolve any potential interoperability issues, both at head office and also on-site
6.) Development of a digital workflow process to facilitate embedding capabilities relative to the application of 3d design, 3d capture/ recording of existing installations in the associated IT infrastructure and common data environment
7.) Integrate 3d technologies and data collection with the newly developed and implemented IT Infrastructure and CDE on the case studies identified (including on-going market/technological review).
8.) Monitor and modify the development and training of each of the elements based on the feedback and results from the case studies.
- Hold a 2.1 Honours Degree (or equivalent) in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Building Services Design, Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Construction or a closely related discipline; Applicants with a 2.2 Honours degree (or equivalent) in addition to either one year’s relevant practical experience or a related higher degree will also be considered.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the M&E/ Building Services sector.
- An understanding of BIM principles, processes, workflow and best practice. May be demonstrated through completion of a module, student project or placement or relevant industry experience
- Experience in the use of BIM software (e.g. REVIT, Navisworks). May be demonstrated through completion of a module, student project or placement or relevant industry experience
- Experience in writing technical reports/ training materials/ guidance documents.
- A high level of numeracy and the ability to interpret data.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a group.
- Well organised, attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Willing/able to travel throughout the UK and Ireland and abroad, as necessary.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year