About the Job
Our client based in Portadown area, are currently recruiting for an Accounts Technician to join the team. You will be responsible for the accurate maintenance of the Sage Accounts 50 system. You will produce monthly Profit and Loss account and Balance Sheet for review by management.
- Process transactions for the purchase of services and supplies.
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner under direction from company management.
- Identify and take all reasonable discounts on supplier invoices.
- Perform monthly supplier statement reconciliations and take action to resolve issues.
- Issue sales invoices to customers.
- Perform credit control function and provide timely information of receivables to management.
- Record cash receipts with appropriate allocations to relevant sales invoices and make bank deposits when required.
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of all bank and credit card accounts.
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Administration pertaining to VAT including recording of EC sales and filing of EC sales listings.
- Administration and calculation of monthly payroll and compliance with Pension legislation.
- Maintain the petty cash records.
- Maintain the record of fixed assets.
- Prepare monthly profit & loss account and balance sheet from the Sage accounting system.
- Provide information to the external accountant who will prepare the annual financial statements.
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements as required by management.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Assist management with the preparation of any required budgets.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
- You should have a minimum of three years’ experience in the provision of the principal accountabilities as listed above.
- Experienced in the use of Sage Line 50 and spreadsheets.
- Qualified Accounting Technician.
Full Time Permanent role.
Salary up to £25k per annum.