About the Job
Our client a manufacturing company in County Tyrone, they currently require a Sourcing Specialist in the Supply chain team.
Reporting directly to the Supply Chain Manager, the Sourcing Specialist is responsible for developing Sourcing Strategies along with the Supply Chain Manager based on detailed spend analysis and will be heavily involved in running contract negotiations and commercial responsibilities across major projects and driving a company strategic Sourcing Process.
- Understand and track performance of the organisation spend, supply market and costs.
- Leverage the organisation buying power to optimise costs, access new suppliers, reduce lead times, and guarantee supply.
- Provide supply market and sourcing advice and recommendations.
- Develop, implement and use tools and technology for managing and analysing the supplier portfolio.
- Lead on a range of sourcing activities, commercial decision making and contract management covering the full end to end sourcing process along with continual negotiations within defined categories.
- Manage several concurrent sourcing and contracting projects, ensuring that all customer needs are understood, and structure and resource projects accordingly to deliver these requirements.
- Take a professional and disciplined approach to working with suppliers ensuring transparency, consistency and fairness. Implement and support compliance to standards and minimize risk and cost exposure.
- Support due diligence in mitigating all external supplier risk from supplier selection to contract execution.
- Identify cost savings with current suppliers and negotiate price decreases.
- Push back any advance and reach agreement with suppliers on cost increases they propose.
- Source & Evaluate new suppliers to improve our brand and service to shop floor.
- Work with each value stream to identify opportunities for resource.
- Record and track cost saving projects.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
As well as the requirements below, the ideal candidate should be driven to achieve cost reduction without compromising quality and be confident they can achieve measurable reductions on their own projects or as part of project with Purchasing Manager.
- Must have at least 5 GCSE’s grade C or above including Math and English.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the full end to end procurement process including strategic procurement techniques, sourcing and tendering, supplier management and negotiation.
- A proven track record in the delivery of cost saving projects and programmes, ideally in the Engineering industry.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and with ERP or similar scheduling system.
- Membership of a professional body advantageous (CIPS).
Interested in this role, please forward your cv via the APPLY button, email Eunice@haugheyrecruitment.com or call 02887440033 to discuss your requirements.