About the Job
Our client is an ambitious organisation in the design, manufacture and export of waste recycling equipment. They have recently secured lucrative contracts with a number of expanding companies. They now wish to recruit an experienced Procurement Manager who has the skills, drive and passion to oversee the day to day running of the department. The successful candidate will be offered an attractive salary and benefits package, plus the opportunity to work in a leading, global engineering organisation.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for managing & developing the procurement processes within the business.
- Provide a strategic, efficient and flexible procurement service which will deliver optimum value for money, cost savings and best quality of service
- Support procurement activities such as tender processes
- Assist in the development of internal procedures and documentation in relation to UK and overseas procurement
- Assisting in and supervising the procurement of goods and services and other procurement activities.
- Leading and monitoring supplier relationships. Sourcing and developing new suppliers
- Assisting in the development of internal procedures and documentation
- Assisting in the ordering of key supplies and acting as a purchaser for some teams
- Helping to deliver better procurement practice across the company.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ procurement experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment
- Experience of using Sage software essential
- Experience of financial calculations essential
- Experience of negotiating, planning and coordinating skills